If you are a regular reader of my blog posts, you know of the trials and tribulations I have had with suppliers. To give a balanced perspective I have a few that just continue to delight me. What they do differently is within the realm of the possible for all suppliers, so here is what makes them delightful:
- They treat all people with respect. You may say this is an odd statement, but as a woman in a technological space, it actually is the exception rather than the rule.
- They think with you for solutions and actively give input into what would be a great solution for my clients.
- They are open to suggestions and will work within the realms of their possibilities and on occasion go the extra mile.
- They are happy to agree to a mutual win/win and non-compete on clients we are introducing to them and vice versa.
- Occasionally they go as far as creating specific demo’s that we can put on our site or allow us a sandbox version so we intimately know their product when we talk to our clients.
For me, the above doesn’t sound like ridiculously difficult or extraordinary requests, but apparently, it is not the norm. I can count the suppliers that fit into this mix on one hand. These requirements are over and above their ability to deliver on time, on budget and to objectives. Off course those parts also need to be met.
I would love to know from you, what fits your requirements when it comes to supplier delight?